Who we are
CBM works in the world’s poorest places to prevent blindness, improve health and transform the lives of people with disabilities.
For more than 110 years, since our founder Ernst Christoffel started working with children with disabilities in Turkey and Iran, we’ve been reaching out to those whom others leave behind.
Driven by Christian values, we work with disabled people to break down barriers by delivering practical support, improving policy and practice and inspiring the people of the UK to act.
Our Vision & Values
Our vision is an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
We challenge injustice
We believe that everyone is equal in God’s sight. We strive to build a just and equitable world in which all people are included, loved, valued and respected. We serve those in greatest need, regardless of race, gender, age or religious belief.
We make every action count
Inspired by Jesus’ radical example of solidarity with and compassion for marginalised people, we focus our efforts on bringing about tangible change in the lives of those whom others leave behind.
We embrace partnership
We can achieve more when we work with others. We value everyone’s unique contribution and together put God’s love into action.
We live with integrity
We live responsibly and with honesty as custodians of God’s creation.
Find out more about:
- Our people - our leadership team, international experts, trustees and high profile supporters.
- How we work - some of the key principles of our approach to disability and international development.
- Finances - where our money comes from and how we spend it.
- Who we work with - some of our key national and international partners.
- Work with us - current vacancies and information about jobs and volunteering
- Our history - an overview of the development of CBM, from early beginnings in Turkey in 1908 to the present day.
Last year, our supporters helped us to change the lives of thousands of people with disabilities. Here you can read just a few of their stories.
You can change a life. Together, we can change millions of lives.