Who we are
CBM works in the world’s poorest places to prevent blindness, improve health and transform the lives of people with disabilities.
For more than 110 years, since our founder Ernst Christoffel started working with children with disabilities in Turkey and Iran, we’ve been reaching out to those whom others leave behind.
Driven by Christian values, we work with disabled people to break down barriers by delivering practical support, improving policy and practice and inspiring the people of the UK to act.
Our Vision & Values
Our vision is an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential.
We Champion Inclusion
We believe everyone is equal before God. We are passionate about working with people with disabilities to build a world in which all people are included, valued and respected.
We Strive for Justice
We work for positive change, inspired by a vision of a just and equitable world. We will model justice and faithful love as Jesus did, serving those in greatest need, regardless of race, gender, age or religious belief.
We Pursue Excellence
We are committed to achieving the greatest possible impact from the resources entrusted to us, attaining high quality in all our work. We challenge ourselves to constantly learn, innovate and improve.
We Embrace Partnership
We achieve more when we work with others. We commit to partnership, listening and learning together. We collaborate creatively with partners, supporters, governments and colleagues to achieve lasting change.
We Live with Integrity
We show God’s character by seeking to live by our values and fulfill our commitments. We hold ourselves accountable to our supporters and those we serve, seeking to live authentically, responsibly and honestly.
Find out more about:
- Our people - our leadership team, international experts, trustees and high profile supporters.
- How we work - some of the key principles of our approach to disability and international development.
- Finances - where our money comes from and how we spend it.
- Who we work with - some of our key national and international partners.
- Work with us - current vacancies and information about jobs and volunteering
- Our history - an overview of the development of CBM, from early beginnings in Turkey in 1908 to the present day.
Last year, our supporters helped us to change the lives of thousands of people with disabilities. Here you can read just a few of their stories.
You can change a life. Together, we can change millions of lives.